Thursday, February 25, 2010

health update

I'm definitely feeling better with the revised diet. So far I'm doing pretty well with it, too. I mean, there are a few things that I really miss (mainly bread, cheese & cookies), but it's not too terrible. And the trade-off of being alert and not being in pain 24-7 is pretty much worth it. I'm not saying that I'll never, ever eat those things again, but I'm hoping that once I have my system cleared of most of the stuff I'm sensitive to it won't be a big deal to occasionally have a grilled cheese sandwich or a slice of pizza.

I'm strongly considering tracking down an NAET practitioner once the hubby goes back to work and seeing if that helps reduce the impact the level of sensitivity.

Anyway, I just wanted to do a little post to mention the improvements I'm feeling. Considering we've only been doing this for about a week, I think it's pretty impressive.

So here's the list of things that seem to be getting better:
-bowel function is noticeably better- regularity, consistency, gas/bloating- though still not what one might call "normal"

-cognitive- alertness & mental acuity are better than they've been in a long time

-headaches- reduced in frequency and intensity

-skin- less itchy and breakouts/blemishes seem to be clearing up

-energy level has increased dramatically

-weight- I lost 3 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment